Ultimate Guide to the Best Golf Push Cart
Did you know carrying around your clubs on your shoulder places a considerable amount of pressure on your spine? You also increase your risk of injuries because of lactic acid build-up in surrounding muscles!
Many golfers report posterior upper back and lower neck pain from carrying golf bags. Adaptive sports medicine experts recommend you use a golf push cart to reduce torque on your spine.
Pushcarts also help you adhere to COVID-19 regulations since it’s easier to achieve social distancing when walking instead of riding with someone. Here’s what you should look for and a review of 6 of the best golf push carts in 2021.
Qualities of a Good Golf Push Cart
The braking system on your golf push cart is essential. You don’t want to struggle to stop or keep your cart stationery on uneven and hilly courses. You can choose a foot brake and hand brake braking system for your pushcart.
It all comes down to what you prefer. Most golf push carts feature a foot break. It usually involves a small pedal that you use to push a lever up or down to set or release the clamps. The hand brake system is similar to the one of a standard bicycle.
The important thing is to ensure your pushcart uses robust and reliable brake technology.
You need a golf push cart with high-quality airless tires that requires zero maintenance. Fortunately, many pushcarts have airless tires made from rubber. You can even find carts with anti-skid wheels that enhance the grip on very dry or wet surfaces.
You also need to decide on the number of wheels you want on your cart. Three-wheeled golf push carts will give you more mobility compared to a four-wheeler. The single front wheel of a three-wheeler makes it easy to steer over any terrain in the course.
Four-wheeled carts do well on flat courses but are challenging to turn.
Most of the contact you will have with the cart will be through the handles. Flexible handles are better than fixed handles. The last thing you want is to twist your wrists as you try to keep your cart aligned.
Your cart’s handles need to be height adjustable, especially if you’re tall, to control the brakes quickly. You don’t want a cart that forces you to bend down every time instead of helping you avoid back strain.
Weight and Portability
Pushing a large cart over a long course can be tiresome. You want a golf push cart that is lightweight with high performance. Go for carts made of aluminum. They are generally sturdier and lighter, and you won’t expend much energy pushing them.
The ability of your cart to fold up and its size when folded is an essential feature. It should be easy to fold into a compact size that fits the trunk of your car for easy transport and storage. Some fold up manually, while others have an automated function.
Storage and Accessories
Deciding the amount and kind of storage you want on your golf cart is a big decision. Your golf cart needs to be capable of carrying all your essentials to make them readily available. Consider factors like storage capacity and whether the storage is lockable or waterproof.
After a few hours on the course, you may need snacks or drinks to stay on top of your game. Look out for carts with extra accessories like beverages or umbrella holders for rainy or extremely sunny days.
Some even have seats to take a load off and dedicated compartments for your keys, phones, food, scorecards, and pens.
The 6 Best Golf Push Carts in 2021
#1: Caddytek CaddyLite 11.5 V3 3 Wheel Golf Push Cart
The Caddytek V3 is a superlight deluxe model that is light as a feather. You will love its simple yet elegant design and the different colors to choose from. Pushing through any terrain is a breeze with the well-designed three wheels.
- Padded ergonomic, adjustable handle with 4 pushing positions.
- Easily folds into a compact size that fits most car trunks.
- Lightweight and solid aluminum frame that weighs 18.5 pounds.
- Airless maintenance-free tires with perfect traction for all terrains and ball bearings for smooth rolling.
- Includes and beverage and umbrella holders and a mesh net.
- Bag holders can fit stand bags and any type or size of golf bag easily.
- Very portable and easy to carry.
- Adjustable straps to secure your bag in place.
- Reliable foot brake system.
- The brakes are not very convenient to reach.
The Caddytek V3 is a complete package at an affordable price. It offers most of the best features you will find in more pricey options.
#2: Clicgear Rovic Swivel RV1S 3 Wheel Golf Push Cart
The Clicgear Rovic is durable, compact, and easy to maneuver. It features a 360 degrees front wheel rotation that guarantees you the best maneuverability possible. Its wide wheelbase is excellent for any terrain, and you get a trove of accessories.
- Swivel front wheel for effortless navigation and unparalleled control.
- Convenient handle lever to lock the wheel in place.
- Durable aluminum tubing makes it lightweight.
- Airless maintenance-free tires.
- You can collapse it with a few simple actions.
- The exterior storage is designed to hold your scorecard, tees, and pen. At the same time, the interior keeps your watch, wallet, keys, or phone secure.
- Adjustable silicon bag straps for any golf bag size.
- Includes an umbrella and cup holder, ball clip, and space for additional accessories.
- Simple, easy-to-use footbrake.
The Clicgear Rovic is a premium choice with unrivaled features and performance.
#3: Izzo Rover II 3 Wheel Golf Push Cart
The Rover II golf push cart is a simple, lightweight pushcart that offers incredible value. It’s built with ease in mind and is excellent if you’re looking for something durable and highly affordable. No matter your golf bag size, you can hit the links in style, knowing it’s secure and safe.
- Very affordable.
- Lightweight aluminum frame.
- Comfortable foam handle.
- Wide upper bracket and bungee straps for any bag size.
- Patented foot brake and locking device.
- Easy folding in seconds.
- Multifunction scorecard holder.
- Detachable front wheel for easy storage.
- Can handle all weather and terrain.
- No compartments for drinks or umbrellas.
The Rover II gives you the best value with incredible features and durability. You will love its portability and ease of use.
#4: PEXMOR 3 Wheel Golf Push Cart
The PEXMOR three-wheel golf push cart has a stunning finish and durable design. You get a sturdy and robust feel the moment you see it because of its steel frame. It rolls super smooth and easily carries your bags on any course.
- Corrosion-proof steel body for durability.
- Easy to operate.
- Simple tap foot brake system.
- Ball-bearing wheels with perfect traction for all terrains.
- Adjustable to your height
- Foldable to compact size for easy transport and storage.
- Tons of accessories, including umbrella and cup holders, mesh ball bag, scoreboard, and seat.
- Adjustable straps for any bag size.
- Can pull to the left when the seat is installed. You may need a counterweight to balance.
The PEXMOR gives you a premium feel at a fair price. Its user-friendliness and durability guarantee to fulfill your needs for a long time.
#5: Caddytek Caddycruiser One Version 8 Four Wheel Golf Push Cart
The Caddytek Caddycruiser is a 4 wheel golf push cart that gives you the total package. Experience increased stability on any terrain with this highly-rated cart that will provide you with extended service. You will love how it perfectly folds with just one click of a button!
- Compact size folding with one click for easy transport and storage.
- Lightweight, strong aluminum frame. Weighs less than 17 pounds.
- Large, maintenance-free tires on the rear and front with perfect traction for all terrains.
- Axel suspension on front wheels to give you extra balance.
- Handle height is adjustable, so you can get multiple pushing positions.
- Its wide body design gives you effortless pushing.
- Storage compartment, mesh net, cell phone, beverage, scorecard, and GPS holder.
- It can be challenging to unfold if you don’t read the instructions.
The Caddytek Caddycruiser is perfect whether you’re a newbie or pro golfer. You get a long-lasting stable cart at a reasonable price.
#6: Clicgear Model 8+ Four Wheel Golf Push Cart
The Clicgear model 8+ is famous for its quick, effortless folding and unique hand brake system. The hand brake lock ensures you don’t have to worry about the cart rolling, while the long and wide wheelbase makes it ultra-stable.
- User-friendly slide to close mechanism so you can easily transport and store the cart.
- Upgraded handle brake to control the front wheels of your cart.
- Quick front wheel alignment.
- Large console with a magnetic locking lid to store your accessories like tees and golf balls.
- Improved silicon bag strap system for any bag size.
- Includes a storage net, medium and extra-large cup holders, umbrella holder, and space for extra accessories.
- Made with scratch-resistant, aircraft-grade aluminum for durability and reduced weight.
- The wheelbase is long and extra wide to increase stability.
- You can make independent handlebar adjustments.
- Airless, maintenance-free tires.
The Clicgear model 8+ is well worth the price. You get the most advanced and unique features available on a four-wheel golf cart plus fantastic durability. It’s a great choice if you’re looking for high functionality and portability.
These are all great options you can choose from depending on your budget, aesthetics, and storage needs.
Golf Practice Plans with Step by Step Schedules to Follow
- All Access: Get Every Practice Plan (Lifetime Membership)
- How to Score in the 60’s Golf Training Plan
- How to Score in the 70’s Golf Training Plan
- How to Score in the 80’s Golf Training Plan
- The Bundle: Access to All 3 Training Plans
- Short Game Practice Plan for Chipping & Putting
- 21 Day Indoor Golf Training Plan